Monday, July 26, 2010

Opening

"With your feet on the air and your head on the ground,
Try this trick and spin it, yeah."

This is a 'Blog', apparently.
Considering the fact that I am a Blog-virgin, I hardly know where to start. So, following in the wake of all great tales, allow me to begin with the start. The birth of man, a man - me.
7/9/1992, Lithgow General Hospital.
1:00am.
I was living in my mother's womb, doing baby things, although at about age seven I apparently claimed I was "swinging on the ribcage and looking out the belly-button". This was later proved false. Rather, I guess I was just... sitting there, doing baby things. There was a black-out while my mum was having me, but I was a very fast baby to come out. Good job me.
I asked my dad for these details a few minutes ago, and he started telling me "Ryan! Oh, you have no idea! You were an angel... you know the little Cherubs that da Vinci paint. You. That was you." I've seen the pictures, I was a passable baby but that man adores me. Check me out!

This is me as a tot, dressed as a spider for Halloween. The lounge I'm sitting on is dressed as a Ghost. Spooky. I think my Big Brother, Callan, went as Peter Pan so I'm kind of happy. As a baby, I was a badass. I built blocks with blinding speed, drank milk and cried a lot.
One day, I was tragically scolded... by a pumpkin. I saw the pumpkin on the table and thought "I want that pumpkin to be in my mouth". Having the strength of a 3 year old, and being restricted by my green overalls I spilt it on my head. I screamed for a while.
I grew, as would be the normal thing to do, never got in a fight at school, never carved initials into a tree because I was in love... although I did buy Valentine's Day chocolates once. All of these events, all of these thoughts, all of them... accumulate to this moment, where I sit on my bed, writing a Blog to a potentially non-existant audience. I was a baby once, and from that point I could have been anyone. I have to say, I'm kind of happy that I'm the spider dressing, pumpkin wounded young man that I am. I'm looking forward to making this Blog a casual thing.
My life now is basic. I sleep less than I want to, I talk more than is needed, I'm a vagabond as I walk if I need to go anywhere, I am obsessive to the point of self-loathing and I have friends that I consider to be pretty cool, even in the least cool of times. Dane, for one, who seems to embody such strength, compassion, sweet vocals, telepathy, multi-linguistics, hallowed biological creativity, to name a few.
Anyway, thats how I was born and a light breeze over my childhood. If you read this... uh, good - thank you.
Adios, amigos.

1 comment:

  1. Where have you been?! I don't think I have ever had a conversation with you and I don't know why! I think we should be friends. I didn't realise how controlling I sound until I typed that. Terribly sorry. Well I am insular and though I may not seem it very shy verging on socially-disabled. This blog is brillianté.

    ReplyDelete